|The enactment of the Act to Improve the Laws Relating to Campaign Finance, Ethics and Lobbying,
which takes effect January 1, 2010, has changed the reporting of funds in savings accounts and
instruments by depository candidates and committees. Now, in addition to providing general
account information and the total amount of funds in savings in a reporting period, candidates and
committees must also disclose all of the activity that occurred in their savings accounts and
instruments during the reporting period. Web Reporter has been modified to include an itemized
schedule of activity for each savings account and instrument.|
|Before you can report on the activity that occurred in each account, you need to set up a record for
each account / instrument held by your committee:|
- Click the "Savings" menu link to open the "Savings Accounts" screen.
- Enter the name of the bank where the account/instrument is held.
- Provide an account type description. Examples: money market, savings or CD (certificate
- Enter the beginning balance of the account for the reporting period. (Depository candidates
and committees report savings activity on their year-end (D102) reports.) The beginning
balance field should not have any spaces, special characters, letters or more than two numbers
after the decimal point. Here are examples of acceptable amount formats:
- If you make a mistake prior to clicking the "Add" button, click the "Clear
Fields" button to start over.
- Click the "Add" button to save the account record. The record will appear under the word
"Accounts" in the main window.
- If you discover that you have made an error entering the account information after you have added
the account, use the "Edit" button to correct the information.
|Once you have added your account/instrument record, you can click on the "Items" button to
add the itemized listing of account activity to the record.|
- Enter the date in the field provided. The Date field should not have any spaces or letters
entered into it. You should use a forward slash ( / ) as a separator between the month,
day and year. Here are examples of acceptable date formats:
- There are eight (8) types of savings transactions - four credit (+) transactions and four
debit (-) transactions:
|Transfer In ||Transfer Out|
|Other Credit ||Other Debit|
- Enter the amount of the savings transaction. The amount field should not have any spaces,
special characters, letters or more than two numbers after the decimal point. Here are
examples of acceptable amount formats: