|The Date field should not have any spaces or letters entered into it.
You do need to use a forward slash ( / ) as a separator between the month, day and year.
Here are examples of acceptable date formats:
|The Amount field should not have any spaces, special characters, letters or more than two numbers after the decimal point.
Here are examples of acceptable amount formats:|
|This information entered in this field will change depending on the type of committee expenditure. Some examples are:|
- Purchases of goods and services - the place or person from whom the purchase is made goes here.
- Contributions to other committees - the name of the committee goes in this field. This information
can be auto-filled using the CPF ID lookup.
- Reimbursments - the name of the person being compensated for making a committee expenditure should be entered as
"Last name, first name" so that it will alphabetize properly.
- Charitable contributions - the name of the organization goes in this field.
|If you are entering an expenditure made from an out of state vendor, as you enter the address information,
please enter the State first. The City/Town field will then change from a dropdown list to a data entry field
so that you can type in the name of the city or town where the individual resides.|
|A brief description of the goods or services purchased should be entered in this field. If the purpose of
the expenditure is a reimbursement or a committee credit card payment, do not forget to enter the corresponding supplementary
itemization reports in the Reimbursements or Credit Card sections.|
|These are the action buttons on the Expenditures page:|
- Add - The Add button is used to add records to the report.
- Clear Fields - If you make a mistake entering a record, the Clear Fields button will wipe out all of the data in the fields to allow you to start over.
- Edit - Once you have entered an expenditure record, an Edit button will appear to the right of each record entry.
Use this button to recall a record to the data entry area so that you can correct typographical or other errors prior to filing the report.
When the Edit button is clicked, the Add button in the data entry area is replaced by these action buttons:
- Update - This button is used to save the edited record to the report.
- Delete - This button is used to remove a record from the report.
- Cancel - This button is used to cancel the edit function and return to data entry mode.
- Lookup - This button appears next to the CPF ID number field in the data entry area. This button is used to look up committee information for
a Massachusetts registered political committee from the OCPF Registered Filer List. The committee's information can then be transferred into the CPF ID,
vendor/recipient and address fields for the political committee selected.
|CPF ID Lookup|
|The CPF ID lookup window is used to find and import the name, address and CPF ID number of political committees
registered in Massachusetts into your report. Enter as much of the CPF ID number or name of the candidate or
political committee as you know and either click the search button or press the enter key on your keyboard.
A list of matches to the search information provided will appear. Simply click on the desired committee in the
list to import the committee's information into the expenditure data entry fields.|
|As you enter expenditure records, they will appear at the bottom of the screen. The software also displays the itemized
total of all of the expenditures entered on this screen, the unitemized expenditure total entered on the front page of the report,
and the total expenditures for the period.|