|Searching and Viewing Campaign Finance Data|
|There are several options for viewing the campaign finance data filed with OCPF on the Public tab of
the navigation menu.
Report data is available for review in the following formats:|
- The entire database of contribution and expenditure information can be reviewed using the
and "Search Expenditures" functions;
- Individual reports filed by Massachusetts candidates and political committees can be viewed using
the "Search Reports" option. You can select which type of report to view by clicking
on the report category on the left navigation menu.
- The data filed on the EFS is also displayed on several analysis pages, such as the PAC Reports page
and the Legislative Races page. The analysis pages group reports and report information by
legislative districts, special elections, or statewide ballot questions so that the campaign
finance spending for a particular seat or question can be viewed in one place.
- Here is a directory of the Public tab menu options:
- Home - Clicking on this link will return you to this page.
- Search Contributions - For searching all contribution information for all
- Search Expenditures - For searching all expenditure information, including reimbursement,
committee credit card and subvendor items, for all e-filers.
- Search Reports - To view individual reports filed, click on the desired report type
under the Reports menu option.
- Last Results - When you conduct a search of contributions, expenditures or reports, the
last page of search results displayed is held in memory for the duration of your EFS
session. You can return to the results at any time to review the information. This
link is not permanently saved, however; once you end your EFS session, the link and page are
- Report Log - For viewing a chronilogical listing of every report filed on the
- Registered Filer List - For viewing a listing of all candidates and committee who file
reports with OCPF.
- Recently Organized - For viewing a chronilogical list of the most recently organized
- Legislative Races - For viewing campaign spending information by legislative
- Special Elections - For viewing campaign spending information for special election races
to fill vacancies in the House or Senate.
- PAC Reports - For viewing the most recent campaign spending information by political
- Depository Reports - For viewing campaign spending information by statewide office, by
county or by municipality.
- Ballot Quest. (Question) Reports - For viewing campaign spending information of
statewide ballot question committees, by year.
- Indep. (Independent) Expenditures - For viewing reports of independent expenditures
made in support or opposition to one or more candidates, by year.
- Elec. (Electioneering) Communications - For viewing reports of expenditures made for
publicly disseminated communications that clearly identify a candidate for election, near the
time of the election.
- Log-In - For logging into the Web Reporter online campaign finance reporting
- Help - Clicking on this link will open a help file for the page you are currently
|Web Reporter is the online reporting tool that allows banks, candidates and committees
to complete and electronically file campaign finance reports on the Internet, without having to download
and install additional software on their computers. Please visit the Web
Reporter help section.|
|Logging-In to Web Reporter:|
|To log-in to Web Reporter, you can either click on the Log-In menu selection on the Public tab or
click on the Web Reporter tab at the top of the left navigation menu. If you experience any
difficulty logging in, follow the steps below:|
- Check to make sure that you are entering your CPF ID number and password correctly:
- Your CPF ID number is five numbers; no letters or special characters should be entered in this
- Your default password is eight characters, letters or numbers only; There should not be
any special characters or spaces.
- Set you web browser to allow cookie handling from the EFS website. For example, Internet
Explorer users would:
- Open the Internet Explorer web browser and go to Tools --> Internet Options,
- On the Security Tab, click on the Trusted Sites icon and then click on the Sites button,
- Add this website to the zone: http://www.efs.cpf.state.ma.us ,
- On the Privacy Tab, set your Internet zone to Medium,
- On the Privacy Tab, click the Sites button,
- Enter this website: http://www.efs.cpf.state.ma.us and click the Allow button.
|If you continue to experience log-in difficulties, contact OCPF at (617) 979-8300 for further
|Filing an Independent Expenditure or Electioneering Communications Report:|
If you need to e-file an independent expenditure (18A) report or an electioneering communication (18F)
report, you should visit OCPF's Website
(www.mass.gov/ocpf). Links for filing each type of report can be found under the "Electronic
Filing" menu selection.
|EFS search tips and Web Reporter information are available here, under the Help menu selection, and on
OCPF's website, under the Electronic Filing menu